Saturday, March 8, 2014

Hardly Elven

Hardly Elven

    This is the first time I've done this. Blogged and whatnot. For the few brave souls who may or may not take their own time to view this I'll try to keep it... readable? Anyway, here goes... something.

    What is a Half Elf
    I'm a nerd. I'll be the first to admit that. My name is Tanis and it might be a sin against nature if I wasn't a Dungeons and Dragons, programming, geek. I taught myself to program last summer, so I've been at it for about 9  months, and it's definitely melded who I am. I am fluent in Java, web dev languages, and python, and am currently in the process of learning C++. I have four siblings, a younger sister, two twin little brothers, and one older brother. I don't like cats, and enjoy a good chocolate cake.

    My first language was JavaScript, although I can only really read it nowadays, but for all of you who don't program I'd recommend it immensely, and let me tell you why:
  • Programming alters the way in which you think. Yes, it seems to have made me more of a... one track thinker if you will, but it has also made me a lot more logical then I could have hoped for.
  • I guess because I put the last one in a bullet I should try to keep it like that, hah. Programming makes individuals a lot more well rounded, as they have to be able to understand complex thoughts, math, and reading.
  • Programming also gives people a knack for problem solving as I see it. 
    I guess I'll keep my length short for now, as this is only my first post, but I have a lot of plans for larger topics. I'll leave you with a quote:
"If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we fear the pain of loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater." - Tanis Half-Elven, Dragonlance by Weis and Hickman

No comments:

Post a Comment